DNA: Finally More DNA Circles
Before and Now
YooHoo, after only one week of uploading my Gedcom to Ancestry, I went from 3 potential new ancestors or relatives who are not in my family tree at present to 4. 2 DNA circles to 16. My cousin, Charles Bryan went to 12 – sharing all those same 12 with me.
BEFORE – DNA MATCHES
NOW – DNA MATCHES
BEFORE – DNA CIRCLES
I went from 2 DNA circles to 16 after uploading my gedcom. My cousin, Charles Bryan went to 12 – sharing all those same 12 with me.
NOW – DNA CIRCLES – 16
YOO HOO – Finally after uploading my gedcom, I now have 16 DNA circles!!!
I’m happy to now see James Bryan (4th great grandfather) in my DNA circles. I had begun to question my own Bryan paternity when he wasn’t showing up!
The DNA process is rolling along – stay tuned for more matches – maybe I’ll be able to break down my Bryan wall – eventually!
But I do have so many questions, and the more I look at those circles, the more questions pop in my head – so I’ll list them here – just in case someone can help or offer a suggestion!
- Why does my Berrian Clark Bryan not show up in a DNA circle? Is there something I have listed wrong, or written incorrectly that is stopping a match?
- Berrilla Free, wife of Berrian C. Bryan does not show up either, but the funny thing is – her mother Sally Free shows – now isn’t that odd? I saw her place of death was listed as Hall Co. in some profiles of her. While I believe that Lumpkin Co. is correct, I changed my tree to Hall Co. If that makes a difference, then she should show up in about a week or disappear – LOL.
- There seems to be a gap between my William Clark Bryan to James Bryan – and that is where my William Madison Bryan and Berrian Clark Bryan fit. There should not be a gap – so what piece of information is stopping that? I did take the “t” off of William Madison Bryan – as he went by “Bryant” in later years and it is on his gravestone, but I removed it to see if that makes any difference.
- As I have some 5th generations showing in DNA Circles – I know it goes back that far. So, why isn’t my John Bryan showing, father of James Bryan? What information is stopping that link? I have an abt. birth date of 1760, while others have 1761 or 1765 – could that be stopping it? But isn’t Ancestry analyzing the complete picture of my tree – and he is there. (I changed his birth to 1765 Rowan Co., N.C. to match others and gave a death date of Oct. 20, 1825 Franklin Co., to better match with what others have – time will tell.)
- And those possible DNA matches, that are not in my tree at present are really driving me crazy – just so you know Ancestry! Did you throw those in to tease me?
- Maybe I need to have my mother’s DNA tested so I can possibly have more maternal matches. At present, I do have some McKinley and Beatty, from a few generations back, but no Sharp, Hillsman, Askew, Meadows or Lancaster. I will definitely have mama do a DNA test in October on my Georgia visit; I can only imagine her remarks on this!
© 2016, Copyright Jeanne Bryan Insalaco; all rights reserved.
For more, click .DNA: My Results are in