Weekend Weathervanes: Beach Theme
While antiquing today, couldn’t help but spot these beach-theme weather vanes! I’m looking up so much lately that I spot more, but trip over steps…. If I could only look down as well as up – at the same time!
- I Spy… high above the firehouse in Clinton, CT.
- Ahoy Matey….. this ship sits across from the Clinton firehouse on top of a church, that I forgot to note the name of.
- Thar She Blows…. Headed out to Milford Audubon and found Moby Dick!
- Stork Delivery landing in Milford, CT.
- Flipper tied my beach theme together!
Swordfish atop Stonebridge Restaurant.
In as many times as I have passed by Stonebridge, it took hubby to point it out to me!
And yet another Swordfish – almost directly across from each other – as the crow flies. This sits across from the Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla on Helwig St., in Milford, CT.
I haven’t determined if this weather vane is a Crane or Stork in flight, but it looked awesome high above. The bird was shot as I stood at the Milford yacht area walkway – also still at the Coast Guard Auxiliary; it is located just across the waterway.
I found a few more unique weather vanes today on our ride on Route 1 along the coast, but I’ll save them for another theme! More beach theme weather vanes will be added here as they are found – so do check back in.
Remember, there are interesting things “UP” – so look up once in awhile – just don’t trip!
Want more – click…. Weekend Weathervanes:
© 2016 Jeanne Bryan Insalaco